Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stew
- 2 lbs organic, hopefully free range, chicken breasts
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 15 oz can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 C chicken bone broth
- 1 1/4 T chili powder
- 2 t ground cumin
- 3/4 t smoked paprika
- 3/4 t sea salt
- 3 C chopped organic spinach
- Diced avocado and cilantro for topping
1-Place the chicken inside a 6 quart slow cooker.
Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
2-In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, broth, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and salt. Pour
over the chicken.
3-Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 on high.
4-30 minutes before serving, stir in the spinach.
5-After 30 minutes, remove the chicken and shred it before returning to pot.
6-Grab a big bowl, add the toppings and enjoy!